Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spread Sheets

For me I have mixed feelings about spreadsheet. I think its great for some things and not so great in other areas. I think it is a very good tool for doing any kind of analyzing numbers, making charts, and can helpful for almost everybody. One of the things I would not use it for is to make worksheets for the classroom or lesson plans. There is no doubt it is a very well designed program that provides tools that are user friendly. It is great for math and is much more sophisticated and user friendly than a calculator. All the formulas to work the problems are already on there for you. And the greatest thing is that once you have the first set of numbers calculated using the formula, all you have to do is click and drag and it automatically does the other problems for you. I have had some experience using excel spreadsheet so I feel I have a pretty good understanding of how to use it, but it takes time and practice. I will definitely use it in my areas of teaching and coaching as well. I can see how this program will make my life easier and would suggest it to anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment