Friday, February 5, 2010

The Inspiration video is really neat. I am amazed how this program works, it is really cool. I think this program will become very popular in the classroom not only with students but also with teachers. It seems like a great tool to use to make worksheets and outlines for students to follow. It can also be used by the students to organize their ideas, and be great for brainstorming prior to writing papers. This program seem really great and hope we get the opportunity to try it out in this class.

There are many activities that make good use of technology in the classroom. I think the Inspiration program can be very useful. As stated earlier it can be used in many different ways to help students and teachers. One of the most used technology inside the classroom would be Power Point. This is definitely the most popular among current teachers. It really is great for presentation of notes to be taken by students. The great thing about Power Point is that it is paper-less. Pretty soon technology will take over in almost all areas of education. Technology tools that can support feedback among fellow students include blogs and discussions that are set up through websites with feedback links. This is a very easy, effective way for students to communicate and provide feedback to other students. I have found that many of the classes I have taken recently have opted to use the discussions through their websites on ecollege and it has been very effective.

There is no question that teaching is a very powerful learning experience as well. Not only does the person teaching learn more about the subject their teaching, but also learn more about better ways to teach them. For example, I was teaching my brother algebra a few years back and initially it was challenging. But after teaching him for a little while I began to learn how he learns and I adapted my style. This allowed me to learn more about teaching and different approaches to teaching. Teaching is definitely a learning process as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment